HIDDEN LAKE ESTATES SUBDIVISION AND THE SURROUNDING ACREAGE
- DWELLING SIZE: No residence shall be erected upon or allowed to occupy the above described parcel unless the living area of the main structure is at least 1,500 square feet.
- EXTERIOR FINISHES: Residences shall be traditional in nature. These building types shall exude a southern charm and elegance and shall have an exterior construction of veneer or brick, wood, metal, Masonite, stucco, EIFS (drivit), hardy plank, vinyl or natural and man-made stone. Exterior colors shall be consistent with the theme and carried throughout all portions of construction, harmoniously on all sides.
- TEMPORARY STRUCTURES: No structure of a temporary character (trailer, tent, basement, shack, camper, recreational vehicle, garage, barn or other outbuilding) shall be constructed on any portion of the above described property at any time as a residence either temporary or permanently. However, a stable or barn can be used as a residence with written consent from the Grantors” and/or their heirs and/or assigns.
- UTILITY AND DRAINAGEN EASEMENTS: All easements for installation and maintenance of utilities and drainage facilities are reserved within ten (10) feet of each side of all property lines. The granting of the easement for right of access shall not prevent the use of the area by the owner for any permitted purpose except for buildings. A right of pedestrian access by way of driveway or open lawn area shall also be granted on each lot, from the front lot line to the rear lot line to any utility company having an installation in the easement.
- LAND USE AND BUILDING TYPES: This parcel shall be know and described as residential lot and shall be used for residential purposes. No structures shall be erected, altered place or permitted to remain on described lot other than one (10 detached single family dwelling for private use. Commercial business are not permitted. Commercial dog, goat, hog, poultry, rabbit, or dairy farming is NOT permitted. Horses and beef cattle are excluded by the restriction and may be raised or trained commercially, with a maximum of one (10 livestock animal per suitable acre of pasture. Suitable pasture is defined as 1 acre of pasture on sided tract per head of livestock. Pasture is defined as grass land that is suitable for herbivore grazing. Personal farming operations are permitted. Birds, casts, dogs, livestock, poultry, or other animals and household pets retained for domestic use or consumption are permitted. Any and all breeds of swine are prohibited.
- SUBDIVISION OF PARCELS: The parcel(s) or property described above may not be further subdivided (unless sold to a previous purchaser of a contiguous parcel for the sole purpose of increasing the size of such purchasers’ lot). No purchaser or assignee of the Grantor may further subdivide any parcel of the above parcel or property, except to a contiguous owner. There shall be no improvements placed on any sub-divided parcels.
- BARNS AND OUTBUILDINGS: Barns, stables, storage buildings, and other out-buildings and
fences must be of new materials and constructed in skilled, workmanlike manner, and shall be
black 3 or 4 board fencing of treated wood or wood simulated vinyl, or top board fencing backed
with no climb wire or may be of hog wire. Hot wire or electrical fencing is allowed. All fences
bordering right of way must be maintained and sprayed to keep vines and other bordering right
of way must be maintained and sprayed to keep vines and other plants from covering them.
Fences shall not be less than forty eight inches (48”) in height nor exceed fifty six (56”) in height.
Fences shall not be constructed within 10 feet of the right of way.
- MOTOR VEHICLES: No motor vehicles shall be permitted to remain on the premises without
current license plates for a period in excess of 20 days. Farm type machinery is not in the
- COMMON AREA: Grantee(s) reserves the right to obtain membership to the Hidden Lake
Owner’s Association upon its formation. Enrollment shall allow Grantee(s) the use and
enjoyment of the common areas located along Hidden Lake as shown on the certain plat of
Hidden Lake Subdivision Phase One, a copy thereof is shown in the Probate Office of Tallapoosa
County, Alabama in Plat Book 11 page 93.
- ENFORCEMENT: The Grantor and any Owner shall have the right to enforce, by any proceeding
at law or in equity, all restrictions, conditions, covenants, reservations, and other matters now
or hereafter imposed by the provisions of the Owner shall be entitled to relief of injunctions or
specific performance to enforce the provisions of this Declaration as well as any other relief,
available at law or in equity. Failure by the Grantor or by any Owner, to enforce any covenant
or restriction herein contained shall in no event be deemed a waiver of the right to do so